Click to enlarge
'Tis the season for MAGIC! This holiday issue of MAGIC Magazine is just what Santa ordered! Packed full of the latest, greatest tricks on the market. Plus, an entire feature article on what to get the magician for Christmas. You'll want to leave this one on the counter as a subtle 'hint'!
Thrillusion! Have you seen this show? A "Carnival of Astonishments" they call it! Praised by a number of celebrities and magicians alike, this show is a non stop thrill ride into color, fantasy, magic, and illusion!
MAGIC wouldn't be the same without an update from the lives of magicians. Get the latest on the FBI raid on David Copperfield, Christian Fechner's magic collection auction, a peek at the upcoming World Magic Awards, and an up-to-date spot on the TV show Phenomenon. Also! Feature interview with Jonathan Pendragon as he discusses recovery one year after his accident.
Reviewed this month in
• Card Dupery by J.K. Hartman
• The Hobson Egg Bag by Jeff Hobson
• X-OR by Heavenz Kool
• The C.A.N.N.A.B.I.S Effect by Daniel Young & Lee Hathaway
• Ear Full of Cider by Norman Beck
• It’s Not the Miles You’ve Traveled It’s the Stops that You’ve Made by Norman Beck
• Bang On by Marc Oberon
• The Real Secrets of Magic DVD, Vol. 2 by David Stone
• Between the Lines by Michael Murray
• Refraction by David Penn
• Connected by Peter Harrison
• The Cullfather DVD by Iain Moran
• Jim Bergstrom’s Hat Trick
Magic you'll learn this month:
• Denis Behr, known for his “handcrafted card magic,” contributes an impromptu coin effect that can be performed on its own or in the context of a Coins Through Table routine with four coins.
• J.K. Hartman and Shannon Clark contribute approaches to the Two-Card Transposition plot.
• Donny Orbit shares a 21st-century presentation for the center tear that features a good justification for having the information written down then destroyed.
• David Boothe offers an addition to Don England’s Another Man’s Treasure which allows the performer ends clean.
• Finally, for Expertalk, Peter Mennie explains his approach to Henry Christ’s Fabulous Four Ace routine.
PLUS! Advice from the 'performing-ist' magicians around! Jeff McBride shares his thoughts on keeping slim. David Kaye helps you make sure they remember your name forever after the show. Gaetan Bloom shares a lovely, simple automatic topsy-turvy chair. Plus many more tidbits into making your hobby an art!
Don't miss your special Holiday gift from us in our MAGIC ad this month, page 26!