Click to enlarge *Reserve Item Notice!
As a convenience, you can reserve this item even though it's out of stock. It may be discontinued or just temporarily sold out.
Reserve items do not qualify for a refund.
If we can't ship it within one month, you'll receive a store credit for the full purchase price!
Don't let the cover fool you! Even though there are many unique insights into the life of Allan Slaight, deep in this month's issue of Genii (August) lies a special to tribute to Billy McComb. Gordon Bean, Mac King, Amazing Johnathan, David Berglas, and Max Maven are among the list of magicians that lined up to write their memoirs of how Billy McComb touched and influenced each of their lives.
No Big Deal: The Magical Life of Allan Slaight
Beginning with a $1 magic kit in Alberta, Canada, so began the magical life of Allan Slaight. His passion for magic and his desire to succeed brought him in the midst of admired magicians and businessmen alike. Posted here are his correspondences with Stewart James on how to make an act flow from beginning to end. "If there isn't a trick that makes it flow, invent one!" Slaight also pioneered the modern rock 'n roll radio station, being the first to bring the Beatles to North America. Learn from the man who went from a $1 magic kit to a multi-million dollar NBA franchise.
The Remarkable Geisha
The latest creation from master wood worker and magic engineer, Pierre Mayer. His former creation, "The Remarkable Little Man", was a wooden man who performs a chop cup routine, appearing the final ball from his mouth. His latest work of art is a unique handmade automaton that features a Geisha girl who performs a chop cup routine, appearing the ball on her shoulder. See the innate workings of this hand-cranked piece of furniture magic.
Magicana: A Tribute to Allan Slaight
All of these tricks were written or inspired by Allan Slaight:
• The Really Love Sick Tennis Ball by Nate Kranzo
• Set Phasers To Kill by Aaron Fisher
• The Queen Doesn’t Know Jack by Steve Beam
• The Perpetrator by Gordon Bean
• Reflected Writings by David Ben
• Bipolar Magnetic Miraskill by Michael Weber
• Magnetic Miraskill by Allan Slaight
• OTWONE Prediction by Allan Slaight
Light From the Lamp
Books Reviewed by Eric Mead:
• Diverting Coin Magic by Andrew Galloway
• Final Curtain by Borodin
• Power Plays by Mike Powers
• The Mentalist (Volumes 1-33) by Don Tanner and Jack Dean
Videos Reviewed by Joe M. Turner:
• 100% Commercial: Comedy Stand-Up, Mentalism, and Close-Up Magic by Andrew Normansell
• Theater Close-Up, Volumes 1 and 2 by Greg Gleason
• The Arizona Card Expert by Steve Ehlers
• Extreme Close-Up by David Acer
• Sessions with Simon, Volumes 1-3 by Simon Aronson
• The World’s Greatest Magic by the World’s Greatest Magicians: The Secrets of Card Warp, The Secrets of Sponge Balls, The Secrets of Matrix/Coin Assemblies
Tricks Reviewed by David Oliver:
• “One Quart Low” by Steven Dick
• “The Last Straw” by Joe Rindfleisch
• “Welded” by Brent Geris & Brian Hebert
• “Time Is Money” by Asi Wind
• “Lot O’Magic” by Joe Rindfleisch