Click to enlarge *Reserve Item Notice!
As a convenience, you can reserve this item even though it's out of stock. It may be discontinued or just temporarily sold out.
Reserve items do not qualify for a refund.
If we can't ship it within one month, you'll receive a store credit for the full purchase price!
BONUS FISM supplement with this month's Genii Magazine (October 2006)! Along with your magazine, Genii boasts 32 pages of coverage from this year's F.I.S.M. Convention and Competition. Analysis of the contestants' routines, new tricks, and killer shows. If you weren't able to make it to Stockholm this year, let Genii tell you ALL about it!
Genii takes you into the shop and showroom of Illusions' finest craftsman and collector, John Gaughan. Building illusions for Copperfield, Siegfried & Roy, Lance Burton, Doug Henning, and Criss Angel is nearly as impressive of his personal collection of magic's most famous pieces. See his fabulous collection of automata including the chess-playing Turk, Robert-Houdin's Antonio Diavolo, and his Orange Tree.
Complete behind-the-scenes tour of the production of The Illusionist. Edward Norton Jr. plays Eisenheim, a mysterious stage magician who apparently bends nature's laws in front of awestruck crowds around the turn of the twentieth century. Richard Kaufman and Yari F.G. explain the ins and outs of putting the magic of the time into a modern film. Plus an interview with the director, Neil Burger.
Paul Osbourne returns to Genii's pages this month with a haunted illusion for the Halloween Holidays. Copy down the plans to Osbourne Illusions, The Resurrection. The charred skeletal remains of some poor soul lay in their casket. It is the illusionists feat to bring the soul back to life in their own coffin.
David Acer's list of tricks this month include a razor to matchbook you can do tonight!
• Razor Burn by Eric Leclerc
• Progressive Wild Coin by Nathan Kranzo
• Color Sunder by Hiro Sakai
• How Fortunate! by Jay Sankey
• Cued by John Hostler
• The Card Expert by Jim Swain
• Las Vegas Count and Brothers in Arms
• Ultimate Poker Interchange—A Thought by J.K. Hartman
Tricks Reviewed this month:
• “The Da Vinci Zone” by Todd Karr
• “Bowling Pin Production” by Michael Mode
• “Breakaway Fan,” “Chinese Sticks,” “Buddha Chop Cup,” and “Asian Coin Bag” by Fantasma Magic
• “Divine Time” by Jason Palter
Videos Reviewed this month:
• decks, lies and videotape: A Video Notebook by Brent Braun
• Enigmatic, Volumes 1 and 2 by Alexander de Cova
• Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic by Doc Eason
• Incredible Self-Working Card Tricks, Volumes 5-6 by Michael Maxwell
• Skullkracker by Bob Sheets
Books Reviewed this month:
• Meant to Be... by John B. Born
• Rara Avis: Sixty Years of Magic from the Private Notebooks of Jack Avis by Anthony Brahams
• Close-up Elegance by Davide Costi
• Bringing Magic to Life by Jay Ungar, MD
• The Complete Dumbfounders With Cards by Eddie Joseph
• Explorations by Paul Gordon
• Automata by R. Shane
• On the Other Side of the Mirror by Cushing Strout
• Bande Du Soleil, The Ends, The Heat of the Desert by Nathan Kranzo
• Escape! The Story of the Great Houdini by Sid Fleischman