Click to enlarge *Reserve Item Notice!
As a convenience, you can reserve this item even though it's out of stock. It may be discontinued or just temporarily sold out.
Reserve items do not qualify for a refund.
If we can't ship it within one month, you'll receive a store credit for the full purchase price!
Don't miss your chance to get ahold of this collectable issue of Genii! This issue (June 2006) features an insight to the escapades of the Professor, Dai Vernon, never before released. David Ben's extensive research recalls Vernon's exploits of the 1920's, his meetings with Dad Stevens and Arthur Finley, letters to his wife, Jeanne and a detailed account of the night he fooled Houdini. Richard Kaufman even teaches you the trick that fooled the infamous conjuror.
Attention: All lovers of Card Magic!
David Acer takes 16 pages and 61 illustrations to bring you 10 of Jack Parker's finest creations in this month's double-sized "Magicana". This collection is ready to be consumed by your brain and thrust into your card routine. It is like an e-book, free of charge, packed into this issue of Genii!
Take a look at the eloquent and intricate workings of German craftsman Hakan Varol's handmade Flea Circus. Varol also designs and produces keepsake magic that distinguishes fine taste as much as it intrigues and mystifies audiences.
Test your magic history and know-how with the always eagerly-awaited column, "Inquisition" by Max Maven. You have never seen anything like this reciting of the conjuror's ABC's.
And the winner is....
Follow Genii Magazine as it takes you behind the scenes of the 38th Annual Academy of Magical Arts Awards Show. Learn what it takes to receive the coveted awards. Who knows? It could be your name they're calling next year!
Light from the Lamp
Books Reviewed by Michael Close
• The Vernon Touch by Dai Vernon
• The Conjuring Anthology by Jim Steinmeyer
Tricks Reviewed by David Regal
• “Poche a Poche” by J.P. Vallarino
• “The Brown Hornet” by John Riggs
• “Spectrum” by R. Paul Wilson
• “X Marks the Spot” by Justin Miller
• “The Boxing Ring” by Aaron Smith
• “Mindreading 101” by Black Rabbit Magic
• “Ripped Up” by Peter Eggink
• “The Rubenstein Ultimate Rattle Purse” by Michael Rubenstein
• “‘Phoney’ Magnet” by Eric Buss
• “The Hypercard Project” by Tom Frame
Videos Reviewed by Joe M. Turner
• Miracles for Mortals: Killer Magic for the Rest of Us,Volumes 1 and 2 by Geoff Williams
• The World’s Greatest Magic by the World’s Greatest Magicians: The Secrets of Cigarette Through Quarter,The Secrets of Linking Rings, The Secrets of Professional Rope Routines by L&L Publishing
• Educating Archer (Two-Disc Set) by John Archer
• Educating Archer (Blindfold Tips) by John Archer
• International Magic Presents: The Kostya Kimlat Lecture
• International Magic Presents: The Jerry Andrus Lecture
• Stack Attack by Lew Brooks